|You can watch our promo video first.
You can also check our brochure to learn about our university.
Afyon Kocatepe University
Afyon Kocatepe University was founded in 1992, and started the educational activities at 1992-1993 academic year. However, the history of university goes back to 1974 with Afyonkarahisar Finance and Accounting High School, a branch of Eskişehir Economics and Trading Sciences Academy.
Now, the university has educational activities with 12 faculties and 4 schools at Bachelor of Science degree level, 15 vocational colleges at Associate Degree level, 3 institutes for graduate education.
The educational activities consist of many different fields including;
• Engineering education (Engineering Faculty and Faculty of Technology and many programs in several vocational schools),
• Economics and Administrative sciences education (Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, Bolvadin School of Applied Sciences and many programs in several vocational schools),
• Tourism Education (School of Tourism and Hospitality Management)
• Veterinary medicine education,
• Teacher education (Education Faculty and School of Physical Training and Sports)
• Art education (Faculty of Fine arts and State Conservatory).
Research and graduate education is one of the most substantial issues for Afyon Kocatepe University. These activities are carried out at graduate institutes (Graduate Institute of Science and Engineering and Graduate Institute of Social Sciences).
The university also consists of several research groups in the faculties as well as the research laboratories.
Basic Facts with Numbers
- Date of Foundation: 1992
- Number of Faculties: 15
- Number of Schools: 5
- Number of Institutes: 5
- Number of Research Center: 32
- School of Foreign Languages: 1
- State Conservatory: 1
- Vocational Schools: 15
Number of Students
- Associate Degree: 16481
- Undergraduate: 23223
- Graduate: 3206
- International Students: 465
- Male-Female Ratio: %56 – %44
Number of Staff
- Number of Staff: 2312
- Academic Staff: 1378
- Research Assistant: 419